Sunday 1 January 2012

My poetry is probably on par with my singing and guitar playing; I like it, but it’s not great!

Anyway, haven’t written one for many years. In fact, the last one was probably New Years 2009, which I remember as being quite maudlin, but I can’t find it anywhere.

At the beginning of last year I did want to meet my maker, and I’m glad that eventually I did – not in Heaven though, in my heart.



In the year of 2011, I didn’t quite make it to heaven,
I had wanted to but didn’t try very hard.
I think God had other plans, to hold me in his hands
And graciously he dealt me another card.

That left me filled with hope, and I felt like I could cope
With whatever came towards me in this life
Be it debts unpaid, or plans I make un-made
I am ready now for any kind of strife.

So hit me with your worst, I know I am not cursed
I will never be in the place where I once was
It has all been taken care of, by the one who knows every hair of;

Jesus Christ, my Saviour on the cross.




1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful poem! I am really bad at writing anything like poetry so I have great admiration for you! I'm glad that you have hope, and I will pray for you that the depression lifts soon. Thanks for linking up too :)

    ReplyDelete