Friday 10 June 2011

Weekly Song Round Up

Bit different this week.  Since Monday, I have been absolutely flat out with my work, sorting out a prom dress for my daughter (thanks America - no such thing as a 'prom' when I left school)!

Important things like catching up with a couple of people I haven't been able to have a proper conversation with for weeks, etc. etc.  All good stuff but it has kind of left me in a spin, with no songs to accompany it, but I did remember this gem of a poem;

Leisure by William Henry Davies

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

God gave us this wonderful world, and we certainly are poorer for not taking the time to stand and stare once in a while.

Last Saturday we were able to go and spend the day over in Wales, I have made an album on my Talking Christian facebook page, because I am constantly in awe of what God has made.  (It does tend to drive the family a bit mad, cos every time they turn around, I am pointing the camera at yet another flower or formation of some sort!)

I am going to share one song this week, we are going to stay with the lovely Riley family for the weekend and this is their family anthem!

Have a good one! x




No comments:

Post a Comment