Saturday 25 June 2011

I feel Great!

We have just come back from a weeks holiday at that well known place Centre Parcs.  It was our first visit, we went with friends and loved every minute of it.
At my last appointment with my counsellor he asked me to keep a record of the times I felt anxiety so we could work out where it lay most and work on eliminating it.  We both agreed this holiday may present lots of opportunities for anxiety to creep in.

Well by the end of the week I realised I hadn't written down one thing - I had been fine all week.  I just cried and cried with emotional happiness.  Two years ago we had to turn away from daytrips just miles from our home because I felt a physical wreck.  I hated being commited to events of any sort and missed out on lots of social occasions all because of the control my anxiety had on me.

Of course I read and re-read every scripture I could get my hands on telling me not to worry and I prayed and prayed for God to release me from the irrational fears I faced.

He answered those prayers by people who love and care for me around me helping me get the help I needed.  I may be having man-made intervention to help me, but I truly know without God guiding the way to all the people that have helped me get to this place I wouldn't be where I am.

Listen to your friends and the people you trust and if they are praying with you and suggesting you need a helping hand of some sort accept it - it is not giving in to weakness, it is showing strength and the will to move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment