Friday 27 May 2011

Weekly Song Round Up

Well if you didn't expect to still be here because of the Rapture, none intended, but more fool you! I do believe the Rapture will happen;

Matthew 24: 30-31 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other".

But it can never be predicted by the likes of any false prophet;

Matthew 24: 36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father".

With this in mind my first song has to be There Is A Day .

We don't tend to argue a lot, or get caught up in conflict.  Some people have suggested to us, this may not have been helpful in our marriage, because things get buried or left unsaid.  On the occasions though when there is conflict, it's usually a biggy!  Life's too short to be moaning about who didn't unload the dishwasher (probably me anyway!) When Love And Hate Collide.

Money's Too Tight To Mention One of the main sources of disagreement in a marriage is money.  We're both definately on the same page there - we know we have none!  It is becoming a bit serious now and there are undercurrents of worry, but we are both trying to be really faithful and trust that God will pull us through.

Big family life change yesterday.  Our eldest daughter finished school, she only has to go in for the next few weeks to do the odd exam!  Who knows how we are going to adjust to this change as a family, she herself gets very stressed over changes - even going on holiday stresses her out, so the thought of her now having to look for a job and go out to work is going to be.........interesting! Slipping Through My Fingers blub, blub.

Now I don't want to trivialise things, but, as a Brit, I do have to start the day with a cup of tea, which obviously I have with marmalade on toast.  Imagine my panic and horror when I discover we have run out of teabags.......the toast is in........what am I going to do.........I can't have marmalade on toast with..........coffee?  No, too radical.  I had to search the cupboard and find the last scrapeing of Strawberry jam.  (It was in a jar by the way, I didn't just scrape the residue of the cupboard shelf.)  This made me feel extremely proud - very unchristian I know, but hey it was a new breakfast experience and I'm not ashamed to say I liked it!

The other thing I did this week that really did make me feel uber proud - with lyrics! was drive on the motorway, I know, I know, I'm rushing things, first a breakfast change then driving with really fast cars, where will it stop?  I am hoping that this new found confidence will give me a new lease of life and independance, I don't want to be the child anymore,  I want to take control of my own life and make my own decisions and be a GROWN UP. Woohoo!

Enjoy your weekend people! x

No comments:

Post a Comment