Friday 14 October 2011

Weekly Song Round Up



The cassette of choice in the Volvo this week has been Lou Reed's Transformer.  Some of the best poetic songs ever written on that album!

Everybody loves Perfect Day and if you don't, I'll pray for you - you're missing out.

I love this time of year, the weather is gorgeous, the trees look amazing with the leaves in all their different colours and the ground becoming carpeted with them.

Next week is my birthday and I am anticipating having a 'perfect day'. For me that would be spending it outdoors, going for a long walk, surrounded by all things natural, that is probably the one time I don't allow music to infiltrate my life, when I am outdoors, I love to hear the natural sounds around me, that is music in itself. 

It never ceases to amaze me how many different varieties of natural things there are. Take trees, green is my favourite colour, so that is probably why I like trees so much, but have you ever thought about how many hundreds of different trees there are? Why didn't God just make one or two varieties or just think, 'I have made a tree, now onto the next thing'. And getting back to the colour, grasses, leaves, plants have so many shades of one colour, it's fantastic!  If that isn't 'supernatural' I don't know what is!

Anyway, if while I'm outdoors on my perfect day I find a pub to have lunch in, well it would be rude not to stop.

Have a good weekend.

What's your perfect day?

2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday. My perfect day is spending time with my wife and watching a movie. I know that's kind of lame but I love my wife and I love movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not lame at all! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete