Tuesday 4 October 2011

Puzzling Questions Who Am I?


Last night a new course started called Puzzling Questions, so as I did with the marriage course, I will air my opinions of it on here!

I think this is a fairly new course and is designed to run before Alpha (I haven't done an Alpha course, but I may if I get the opportunity)

Anyway last nights question was 'who am I?' I don't know if this is a typical question people are asking themselves, and I'm not really sure if I came away with the answer!

Does physical beauty make a difference to who we are?  Are we defined by our job, or our position in our community?

These things shouldn't define us, but inevitably we will be judged by others on them.  That is where the security of knowing you are a child of God comes in, for those of us that have that relationship we can know that we are beatiful no matter what, we are made in His image, and are loved unconditionally - simples.

Yeah right, we are also still human and get hung up on all the things we lack or differ from our peers.  Last night when the talk on the table came round to describing yourself or how your friends might describe you, I couldn't move away from the subject fast enough!I also think our identity is constantly changing, I know mine is.  Even in the last year my identity has been evolving into someone more confidant, someone who isn't always wondering what people might think about me, someone who is willing to step out and do things I wouldn't have dared to do before.

I do put this 'new me' down to starting a real relationship with God, with taking Him seriously and believing it when I am told He loves me.

God loves me and thinks I'm alright, and for now I'm happy with that!

Who are you?

2 comments:

  1. Does physical beauty make a difference to who we are? Are we defined by our job, or our position in our community?

    Man looks on the outward appearance but God alone has the power to know our motives and see our heart. PTL :-)

    Have a Great Week! :-)

    BTW, thanks for your comment on my "Don't Mess With Old People!" post. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we probably wish God couldn't see our heart! But it has to be for the better in the long run. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete