Monday 28 November 2011

Laugh Like A Drain...........Maybe Not.

I commented on a blog post about being blessed, that although we haven't got hot water in our house, at least we have an electric shower and clean running water.........

Well that was true.  Our drains are now blocked, so without very limited use of the water they back up and spill over into our utility and garage area.

Some people face sickness in the family over and over again.  We just seem to have all the household and vehicle failures over and over again.

We are both self-employed, my husband after finishing one business and looking for a job unsuccessfully for two years, started another business, so money is minimal and added to the fact we are majorly in debt, well, these are exactly the sort of problems we can do without.

It makes my chest tight, it makes me feel sick inside, it makes me want to go to bed and not get up.  My head thinks the only thing that can solve our problems is money - about £40,000 if you're offering.

But in my heart I know that we can survive with broken down cars and no washing machine and wondering if it's safe to flush.  I know this time will pass and when our kids our grown and have made a success of their life (because they will learn from the mess that is ours), we will look back and laugh.  At the moment we laugh through gritted teeth, because we know will either cry, or worse, kill each other.

Philippians 4:12 (NIV) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

You understand I see this as relevant to the area of the world I live in.  I am well aware that some poor people have to walk miles to collect dirty water and could probably get shot on the way.

My 'needs' and my 'plenty' are vastly different to other peoples.  Maybe my 'needs' and 'plenty' are exactly how they should be at the moment.

People always say "at least you've got your health".  I don't think being healthy is all it's cracked up to be, for now, I'd rather be comfortably numb.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm sorry you're going through so much. Thank you for commenting on my blog - I think you have a great perspective. Just a thought that if you have house insurance, they might cover the drains if it involves a lot of money. We had that problem in one house and got covered by insurance.

    ReplyDelete