Monday 26 September 2011

Oh Dear....Failed Again

Last week started off well. 

Unfortunately it took one thing out of my control to turn it around.  It didn't turn into a majorly bad week, I just ended up doing some things I had promised myself and my kids I wouldn't do again. I gave in to a lack of self control.

What really disturbs me is that we have been doing 'fruits of the spirit' in our weekly homegroup and last week it was self control.

What did I miss? Why did I do it? Because I wanted to, I wanted to be in control of me and do what I wanted to do regardless of what anyone else said.

Why didn't I turn to God first, wouldn't he have given me what I wanted? Yes, but I wanted to rebel, I wanted to be in charge......how immature.

The thing is, I have seen in other people I loved how small unimportant weaknesses in self control, that are easily excusable, turn into hard addictions that are difficult to crack.

I'm not going to tell you what my weakness was, because it's not that big a deal, I just know for me I shouldn't do it.



Which 'fruit' do you struggle with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment