Friday 1 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee Weekend

The balloons are up, the bunting is out, no I haven't opened a 'pound store', it's Jubilee weekend. I'm no royalist, but I was beginning to feel like a Jew at Christmas; looking out of my window at everyone else celebrating but not taking part myself, so I have jumped on the band wagon & a mighty fine wagon it is too!


I have two parties to attend over the weekend all in honour of her maj, well actually, one is in honour of 'we've all lived in this street for donkey's years and have no idea who each other is, so let's take this opportunity to introduce ourselves', and the other is my friend's, in honour of 'we've got nothing planned for the bank holiday, who fancies a bar-b?' I don't want to let her maj down so will be attending all and everything in her honour over the weekend.




Anyway this has made me come over all red, white & blue and I was particularly impressed with my Union Flag pasta salad - although glancing out now at our neighbour's house I realise I have omitted the diagonal red stripe - will have to rectify that before it makes a public appearance.




Whatever you think of the Queen, it's a good excuse for a knees up, meeting up with friends or making friends with the people you live next door to, and perhaps a it's a time to look back on what she said at Christmas:

"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves - from our recklessness or our greed."



"God sent into the world a unique person - neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a saviour, with the power to forgive."


"Forgiveness lies at the heart of the Christian faith. It can heal broken families, it can restore friendships and it can reconcile divided communities. It is in forgiveness that we feel the power of God's love."


God Save The Queen!


How are you celebrating Jubilee weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment