Tuesday 28 February 2012

Nothing Else Matters.....

In Church last Sunday, the worship and prayer was really powerful in it's thanksgiving and praise to God.  During that time I felt the words of God say to me "Nothing else matters".

What did He mean, "nothing else matters?" Everything matters!

I struggle with the whole balance of world and faith scenarios, I do want a better car, I do want to buy nice things for my kids, I do want to go on an exciting holiday, I do want to have a reasonable income........but, I have a God who loves me, no matter what, and trust me, there's been a lot of 'what'!

I've realised God had to tell me directly, 'nothing' except my love for Him matters, 'nothing' except knowing He will be there with me for eternity matters.

If anyone had come up to me and said I think I've got a word from God for you "nothing else matters", I know I would have probably exploded and gone on for days about how they couldn't possibly understand what does or doesn't matter.  Not so easy when God Himself gives you the word, you try arguing that one out with Him, you won't win, I tried.

But I need help with this, I know the theory, but as always the practise is hard.

1 Timothy 6:6-8 ESV
Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

Does anything else except God's love matter to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment